Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    i hate those damn movies and books

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    You're welcome to your opinion.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    I hate the movies with a passion.. always bored me to tears..










    .. BUT, in college I took a literature course in which we were required to read "The Hobbit" and I absolutely loved that book. I can't wait until they make a movie based on it, and since reading it, I think that I could watch the other Tolkien movies and actually enjoy them.
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    They made a cool cartoon hobbit movie.
    GO VOLS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PassMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate the movies with a passion.. always bored me to tears..










    .. BUT, in college I took a literature course in which we were required to read "The Hobbit" and I absolutely loved that book. I can't wait until they make a movie based on it, and since reading it, I think that I could watch the other Tolkien movies and actually enjoy them. </div></div>

    See a lot of ppl like the book, but we had to read it in 10th or 11th grade and i hated it badly....i guess its where im not really into all that far-fetched stuff lol

  7. #7
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    Huge fan of the Tolkien books: Silmarillion, Hobbit, LotR, Children of Hurin.
    Loved the movie adaptation of LotR and highly anticipating this one.
    Great news.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    I hope he plays Gandalf again. It will be hard to imagine anybody else in that role after his performances in the LOTR trilogy. I love those movies and the books even more. I think the first time I read The Hobbit I was in, like fourth or fifth grade. I loved it then and still do. I can't wait to see what they do to The Hobbit on the big screen.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McKellen reprises role of Gandalf

    I watched the first two movies and went back and read the books before the third came out. I had read the hobbit back in 10th grade, but after watching the first two LOTR movies, I went back and re-read the Hobbit and then read all 3 LOTR books before the 3rd came out. I loved the movies and the books. Probably the only books adapted to movies I have ever read. Trying to find time to read the Bourne series, but haven't found the time yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •